Posada la Escuela de Cicera: Rural accommodation in the Picos de Europa
|H G A Picos de Europa - Saja-Nansa
Posada la Escuela de Cicera (Cantabria)
Website - email - Tel.
Tel. 942 73 35 86 / 625 13 64 82
Located in the village of Cicera, in the beautiful valley of Peñarrubia at the foot of the Picos de Europa. The house is an old school built in traditional Cantabrian style and dates from 1550. It has a dining room–cum-living room with a fireplace and a bar for guests.
Flora and fauna
The house is set an area of outstanding natural beauty with plenty of great walks nearby Excellent birdwatching of raptors (griffon vultures, golden eagles, short-tailed eagles, buzzards, peregrines, booted eagle, eagle owl, and in spring and summer, Egyptian vultures. Nearby Ecomuseo offers plenty of information.
We are members of SEO birdlife
Free routes through the Picos de Europa
- Exterior: garden furniture, terrace, parking area.
- Languages: Spanish, English.
- Interior: en-suite bathroom, central heating, fireplace, dining room, DVD or video, stereo, living room, television.
- Services: internet access, cot available, information about the area, guided walks, breakfast, lunch and dinner, sale of local products.
- Situation: tarmacked access, in the village, signposted.
- The inn offers you the possibility to enjoy the traditional produce of the area along with old fashioned home cooking with natural products. Only breakfast and dinner.
We can organise activities such as:
- Bird watching: Golden Eagle, Short-toed Eagle, Booted Eagle, Peregrine Falcons, Griffon Vulture, Egyptian Vulture, etc.
- Mountain biking
- White water rafting
- Routes on horseback
- Routes in 4x4
Prices (VAT included)
|| Low season
|| High season (15th July-31 August, Easter)
| Extra bed
Low season offers:
- Booking between 5-10 nights (5% discount)
- Booking more than 10 nights (10% discount)
- Discount applicable on the room's price (except September)
Places of Interest
Cueva del Soplao
Cable car in Fuente De.
Beaches in de S. Vicente de la Barquera.
Cueva de Altamira
Mirador de Santa Catalina
Santillana del Mar and Comillas
Potes and the Monasterio de Santo Toribio
Route to Tresviso
Sta. Mª. Lebeña (Mozarab church).
La Braña de los Tejos (one of the most important thousand-year-old yew forests in Europe).
Palacio and Torre de Linares (15th century)
Balneario de la Hermida
Lagos de Covadonga.
El Pico Agero (known by the most important climbers of the country)
Sto. Toribio de Liébana
|See also Asturias - Coast of Asturias - Picos de Europa - Cantabria - Northern Spain
|Back to Rural tourism and accommodation guide to Spain
Cottages in the Picos de Europa, Rural houses in the Picos de Europa, Rural retreats in the Picos de Europa, Rural hotels in the Picos de Europa, Rural apartments in the Picos de Europa, Rural hostels in the Picos de Europa, Cabins or bungalows in the Picos de Europa, Camp sites, camping in the Picos de Europa, Cottage in the Picos de Europa, Rural house in the Picos de Europa, Rural retreat in the Picos de Europa, Rural hotel in the Picos de Europa, Rural apartment in the Picos de Europa, Rural hostel in the Picos de Europa, Cabin or bungalow in the Picos de Europa, Camp site, camping in the Picos de Europa, where to stay in the Picos de Europa,
- H Hotel
- S Self-Catering
- G Guided bird tours, etc
- A Adventure sports
Information on Cantabria and Asturias
Advertising Advertising: Advertise your property/hotel for 45 euros +VAT/year, If you have lodging suitable for nature lovers. Iberianature is the number 1 source for information on the nature of Spain..
Please contact us here more details