Hotel Posada del Valle: Country hotel in the Picos de Europa
S+H Picos de Europa
Molino de Cicera (Cantabria)
Website - email
El Molino De Cicera is a rural tourism apartment house and B&B, surrounded by large gardens and a river. It consists of several apartments and rooms with capacity from 2 to 50 people. The main house is a colonial style house from 1917. Others are also stone cottages recently built but following the local stone architecture. Cicera is a road end village situated in a beautiful valley, surrounded by woods and superb mountains. Perfect base for exploring the area, rich in wildlife and with an astonish variety of trees, plants and fungi.
Our apartments have 2 or 3 rooms. All are well equipped with American kitchen with cooker, microwave, fridge and washing-machine. The 3-room apartments have ensuite bathrooms. The 2-room apartments have one bathroom. Each apartment is also fitted with TV and central heating for the colder months. All the apartments have either direct access to the garden or spectacular views to the Oriental Massif of the Picos de Europa, and other surrounding mountains. We also have separate rooms for those who prefer B&B style accommodation. There is a delightful bar-restaurant with terrace also in the same premises where Asun serves excellent home cooking with an emphasis on the use of local produce vegetables and local meat.
- Trekking through the Picos.
Some of the nice routes we recommend are: Tresviso, Braña de los Tejos, Lebeña, Puerto de las Llaves,…
- Nice walks through surrounding woods. Broad variety of trees: chesnut tress, yews, oaks, hazlenuts,… Medicinal plants and mushrooms.
- During the summer, once a week, free guided trekking tours are organized by the local council to the surrounding mountains. All routes depart from Cicera.
- For the more adventurous ones, in the near Navedo River you can do gorge walking (“barranquismo”) with one of the many specialized companies that organize it. It is an unforgettable experience and an excellent way to know the river from inside.
- The first and unique Via Ferrata of the Picos is just 10 min distance. Spectacular route!
- Bird watching
- Fossil hunting
Prices depend on the number of people and type of apartment. They can vary from 60€ for 2 people to 180€ for 6 people.
However, for big groups we can apply especial prices. Please always contact us for the prices.
VAT not included in these prices.
Places of interest
- Santa Catalina viewpoint. Magnificent views of all La Harmida Gorge. Walking distance.
- Magnificent Cuevas del Soplao with its unique stalactite formations. Just 30 min distance.
- Thermal waters just 10 minutes distance.
- Fuente De cable car.
- Santa Catalina viewpoint. Magnificent views of all La Hermida Gorge. Walking distance.
- Potes and Santo Toribio de Liebana Monastery.
- Beaches of San Vicente de la Barquera and Pechón. Just 40 min away
|See also Asturias - Coast of Asturias - Picos de Europa - Cantabria - Northern Spain
|Back to Rural tourism and accommodation guide to Spain
Cottages in the Picos de Europa, Rural houses in the Picos de Europa, Rural retreats in the Picos de Europa, Rural hotels in the Picos de Europa, Rural apartments in the Picos de Europa, Rural hostels in the Picos de Europa, Cabins or bungalows in the Picos de Europa, Camp sites, camping in the Picos de Europa, Cottage in the Picos de Europa, Rural house in the Picos de Europa, Rural retreat in the Picos de Europa, Rural hotel in the Picos de Europa, Rural apartment in the Picos de Europa, Rural hostel in the Picos de Europa, Cabin or bungalow in the Picos de Europa, Camp site, camping in the Picos de Europa, where to stay in the Picos de Europa,
- H Hotel
- S Self-Catering
- G Guided bird tours, etc
- A Adventure sports
Information on Cantabria and Asturias
Advertising Advertising: Advertise your property/hotel for 45 euros +VAT/year, If you have lodging suitable for nature lovers. Iberianature is the number 1 source for information on the nature of Spain..
Please contact us here more details