- Las Cañadas Reales (The network of drovers' roads covering 125,000 km)
- La Mesta (The medieval association of sheep holders which helped form the network of paths)
- " Concejo de la Mesta. (Wikipedia Spanish)
- The new cattle drovers. A conversation with Jesus Garzón". Excellent article in English from Wild-Spain
- Las cañadas (excellent Spanish review)
- EL ORIGEN DE LOS MASTINES IBÉRICOS:
LA TRASHUMANCIA ENTRE LOS PUEBLOS PRERROMANOS DE LA MESETA
"The existence of a true transhumance in Spain before the medieval age has focused scientifical controversies for many years. In this paper the emergence of hypermetrical dogs (mastff-like ones) in the archaeofaunistical record of the prerroman societies of the Meseta, is evaluated from a functional point of view. This analysis allows to arrange the archaeological and paleontological evidence in a socioeconomic model of these populations, specially the celtiberians, in which the transhumance seems to have been essential. "