Nature quizzes for children
The London Wetland Centre have an excellent series of activities for children (built in shockwave)
- Who Am I? – Can you identify these creatures from their descriptions?
- Water Cycle – Watch then recreate the Water Cycle.
- Key of Life – What do you know about these creatures?
- Lots of Swans – Can you see how many birds are in the picture?
- Pond Dip – Catch a pond creature.
- Who Eats Whom? – Try and put the bits of the food chain in the right order.
The Woodland Trust here has 4 nice quizzes (on leaves, minibeasts, seeds and twigs) and some games.
For young learners try the BBC’s Sesame Tree
Nature vocabulary exercises and activities
Learning English through nature - home
- Animal classification
- Animal English for children
- Animal sounds quiz
- Animal words revision
- Animals and their young
- Animals homes
- Bird quiz
- EFL nature links
- English nature quizzes (java)
- Insects quiz
- Male and female animals
- Nature quizzes for children
- Odd one out
- TEFL word lists
- Wild animals quiz
EFL, ESL, teaching English and nature, CLIL, English for biologists, English CLIL exercises for teaching science, online exercises, reading comprehension, multiple choice, animals, birds, TEFL birds, Englsh exercises about animals, birds and insects, using nature to teach English.