Birdwatching in Andalucia
Birding tours for small groups in Andalucia. More here
See also Spanish Birds Recommended by me
Books about birdwatching in Andalucia
Southern Iberia is in the top rank of European birding hotspots. The third edition of this popular book, first published in 1994, continues to ensure that visitors can make the most of the region’s many attractions. Regular visits have brought the information on all sites up-to-date: maps, access details and species lists have received particular attention. Popular localities such as Donana, Monfrague and the Strait of Gibraltar get prominent treatment but the reader is encouraged to wander further afield to visit other, less well-known but rewarding sites
Birdwatching on Spain’s Southern Coast: Costa Del Sol, Costa De La Luz, Almeria, Donana and Some Inland Sites
The author encapsulates in this book a huge amount of his detailed knowledge of the subject, gained during years as a birdwatching guide in the region. A large number of sites are covered from Almería in the East to Gibraltar and Tarifa in the West and embracing the Costa del Sol and many inland areas such as Álora and Ronda. Every site is covered in detail with specific instructions on how to get there, which parts of the site to visit, excellent maps and bird lists for different times of the year.
Guided birdwatching and wildlife tour operators in Andalucia
- Spanish Birds Personalised guided bird watching tours for the Serrania de Ronda, Sierra de Grazalema and Granada/Sierra Nevada. Tours are operated daily at all times of the year. Bird watching tours for up to 14 days include Ronda/Donana tours, Morocco, Ghana and The Gambia. Whether you want a great day out or are interested in a full tour please see our website for further details. Recommended
- http://www.iberianwildlife.com/ Natural history guided tours around Spain. John Muddeman, Mike Lockwood and Teresa Farino run guided wildlife holidays and natural history excursions in Spain and Portugal. Authors of excellent Traveller’s Nature Guide to Spain.
- http://www.andalucianguides.com Andalucian Guides operates a policy of eco-friendly, low impact, sustainable tourism with a high priority towards conservation and birding in southern Andalucia. And check out their ‘identify the bird test’ in the right hand column. Great fun.
- Donana bird tours Hosted by Brian Davies and Yolanda Davies-Papen. We look forward to welcoming you to Doñana and introducing you to the world in which we live and which we love and respect. With Doñana Bird Tours you will receive personal, friendly service from experienced, enthusiastic, English, French and Spanish speaking guides. We live in the region and are constantly in touch with the local scene. We will do our very best to cater for your individual needs. We are also able to arrange tours in the Sierra de Aracena and Extremadura.
- Finca Molineros Finca Limoneros is located in Alora on the slopes of the Rio Guadalhorce valley, in itself a magnet for birdlife. We are centred in one of the best birding areas in the whole of Andalucia
A directory of Spain
The Iberianature guide to Spain