Rafting in Spain
Spain offers some fantastic opportunities for white water rafting.
Adventure holidays in Andorra
This trip offers an activity-filled week in the mountains of Andorra. Hike in the beautiful surroundings, cycle into Spain and have a go at white water rafting. The area is well-known for its rapids which will certainly get the adrenaline pumping! Crossing into Spain, you cycle to the put-in point for your white water rafting experience. This area is well-known for its rapids which will certainly get the adrenaline pumping! Back in Andorra a drive takes you to the El Cortals Valley where you bike through forests with a choice of routes depending on ability. After a traditional BBQ lunch you can take a walk or an exhilarating ride down the valley. More here
Family adventure holidays in The Catalan Pyrenees
Our base in the town of Sort in the Spanish Pyrenees offers stunning scenery, a great location and a range of superb activities. Little wonder that it has become a haven for activity and adventure enthusiasts. Including Canyoning – level 1. We use a family friendly route and after a 30 minute walk (gentle uphill) we hit the water. We use various methods to descend the canyon including natural water slides and chutes, abseiling and simply jumping into deep pools. A great experience in the water for all the family. More here
- Rafting in the Catalan Pyrenees white water rafting in the Noguera Pallaresa, one of the longest and largest rivers in the country situated in the heart of the Pyrenees mountains, where the white water activities were first introduced in Spain many years ago. The best time to practice rafting is in May and June, since these are the months in which the Noguera Pallaresa has the best river flow. The rafting season begins in the middle of March and ends in the middle of October.
- Rafting in Valencia We offer the possibility of enjoying different optional excursions in some of the most amazing natural landscapes in Valencia, combining the learning of mountain sports such as rafting, hiking and kayaking with the knowledge of a rural area and its people. The most entertaining way of knowing the Spanish rural area of a typical Mediterranean region!
- Minho-River-Rafting, Galicia The river, after rising from its source, travels south of the old Roman city of Lugo and passes across several canyons and valleys throughout its course. Offering excellent rafting opportunities to all rafters, the Minho River has created quite a buzz as a popular rafting destination! Towards the north of Ourense, as the valley widens and the riverbed extends as well, the rafters get to encounter amazing whitewaters to lay their rafts on. Recognized as quite an interesting river, the Minho River comprises of several modern moves such as the aerial blunts, space godzilas and the loops. The best time to make it to the whitewaters is from early spring to the season of fall. The mid summer is counted as a superb season as well.
A directory of Spain
- Animal classification
- Animal English for children
- Animal sounds quiz
- Animal words revision
- Animals and their young
- Animals homes
- Bird quiz
- EFL nature links
- English nature quizzes (java)
- Insects quiz
- Male and female animals
- Nature quizzes for children
- Odd one out
- TEFL word lists
- Wild animals quiz
The Iberianature guide to Spain