Climbing in Spain
Climbing and abseiling in Spain
On the forum
Around the Net
- Climbing in Spain (Wikipedia) “In the 1980s, Spain’s limestone crags became known as excellent winter sport climbing destinations. With excellent weather and some of the finest climbing in Europe, Spain is popular with both local climbers and visitors from across Europe. A wide variety of rock can be found in this world-class climbing locale, including granite, slate, limestone, and sandstone. With the highest number of 9a routes in the world, Spain has become one of the premier climbing destinations for the highest-caliber climbers. The island of Majorca, for example, is considered the birthplace of deep-water soloing, and such world-class climbers as Chris Sharma have featured Majorca in their videos. Spaniards are considered among the finest climbers in the world. It is reported that roughly 30 people in the world can climb 5.14d, and that out of those, a little over half are Spaniards.”
- Rockfax Climbing guide to several areas of Spain “Spain probably has more rock than any other European country including France. The crags that have been developed probably include about 5% of the total potential. Information has always been hard to get hold of since the pace of development is so rapid. The climbing is also relatively young with many popular and polished crags (eg. Sella on the Costa Blanca) being deserted and unclimbed as recently as the late 80s.”
- Rockclimbing.com Lots of routes. “Spain is a country with a huge variety and quantity of rock and climbing routes. You can not only find sport rock climbing routes but also alpine climbing in the Pyrenees and in other mountain ranges such as Picos de Europa.”
- Spanish Rock Climbing With perfect climbing conditions from autumn through to spring, Spain has has become Europe’s premier winter sun rock venue.
- Rock climbing in Montserrat, Catalonia Montserrat with its conglomerate mountain rock could almost be from another planet.
- Climbing walls in Spain– indoor climbing
- Climb Spain: the best places to go rock climbing in Spain. Maps
- Rock Climbing in Costa Blanca.
- Rock climbing around Madrid.
A directory of Spain
- Animal classification
- Animal English for children
- Animal sounds quiz
- Animal words revision
- Animals and their young
- Animals homes
- Bird quiz
- EFL nature links
- English nature quizzes (java)
- Insects quiz
- Male and female animals
- Nature quizzes for children
- Odd one out
- TEFL word lists
- Wild animals quiz
The Iberianature guide to Spain